By John Gannon
Celebrate the festive season with a non-alcoholic, Gin-free mocktail!
Recipe by Miriam Nice, BBC Good Food (November 2018).
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 chamomile teabag
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 bunch rosemary
- tonic water, to top-up
- few pomegranate seeds , to garnish (optional)
- Bruise the cardamom pods and slice the cucumber.
- Put them both in a large jug and add the chamomile teabag, mint leaves, lemon zest, cloves and rosemary.
- Top up with 500ml cold water. Leave to infuse in the fridge for 2-4 hrs.
- To serve, strain the infused water and pour 50ml of it into each glass.
- Top up with tonic water and lots of ice.
- Garnish each one with a few more mint leaves and pomegranate seeds, if you like.
Every month, Out Doors Inc. gives our Participants a chance to share their stories and passion projects. If you’d like to learn more or get involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org