Our Principles are that a person at risk of poor mental health and other disabilities:
- is considered as someone with potential, abilities and a future
- has the right to choose, and
- is involved in the planning of outdoor adventure activities
In supporting our principles, Out Doors Inc. will:
- Collaborate – we work with people and community to improve individual’s wellbeing with particular emphasis on people living with poor mental health
- Educate – we research, develop, organise, conduct and evaluate education and training programs for organisations involved in improving mental health and wellbeing, and
- Promote – we uphold the value of human contact with natural environments, outdoor adventure and the positive effects these can have on people’s wellbeing
Out Doors will be the pre-eminent provider of adventure programs that promote mental health and wellbeing.
Our mission is to provide challenging approaches to better mental health by empowering people to get out the door and to participate in the life of their community.
The following are the key values held by Out Doors and these guide our decision making, practices and delivery of services.
- Respect – Respecting the diversity of our participants, staff and leaders is fundamental to us. We operate with inclusiveness and empathy, we uphold standards of ethical behaviour, and we work with participants in their interests.
- Passion – Our participants will be rewarded by their experience. We provide hope and encouragement to our participants to take up challenges and to reach their potential.
- Excellence – We maintain high standards in everything we do, particularly the safety and well-being of our participants. We will innovate and constantly seek to improve our services
- Integrity – We will be accountable for delivering our mission having regard to the highest ethical standards.
- Environmental Stewardship – We are committed to practices that ensure minimal impact on the environment. We acknowledge our responsibility for efficient use of resources to ensure environmental sustainability.