Why join the team at Out Doors Inc. (Out Doors)?
As a leading provider of outdoor adventure services in the community, our team is made up of paid employees, mentors and students, all dedicated to working together in an organisation that is striving to improve peoples’ mental health.
How do we do this? By putting people and their mental health first.
Benefits of working at Out Doors include:
All staff have access to professional development leave for off-site study.
Work from a mixture of the office and home, taking time to live life where you need it. Plus, five weeks annual leave each year.
We are committed to creating a culture that is welcoming and equitable for all.
Make a Difference
Help make a difference in the lives of those struggling with the challenges of mental health.
What’s on offer:
- $80k – $90k per annum (pro-rata) plus super
- Generous NFP salary sacrifice opportunities (up to $15,800 annually tax free)
- 5 weeks (pro-rata) annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly work environment
Are you an experienced professional with a passion for empowering people?
Out Doors Inc. (Out Doors) is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers outdoor adventure and recreation programs Victoria-wide for people at risk or living with a mental health issue. We believe that people learn best by ‘doing’ and focus on every participant’s ability rather than illness or disability.
Who we’re seeking:
Out Doors Inc. seeks an experienced professional who will work collaboratively with the team, stakeholders and the community to advance the vision, mission and organisational performance of the organisation. The role is responsible for program planning, development and implementation, networking, supervision of sessional staff, volunteers and students, and administration related to programs. The successful applicant will assist in the delivery of high quality outdoor and recreation programs for people aged 16+, who are at risk or living with a mental health issue.
This position will suit someone with extensive experience in outdoor education program coordination and delivery, passionate about supporting our community, a good sense of humour, excellent interpersonal skills and “out-of-the-box thinking”.
Out Doors Inc. employs staff based on the individual’s attitudes, values and beliefs being in line with the core values and culture of our organisation.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, develop and implement complex quality programs in a manner which demonstrates responsiveness to the needs and requirements of program participants and their carers.
- Seek partnership and funding opportunities in line with Out Doors strategic direction.
- Exercise high level of interpersonal skills in supervision and performance development of sessional staff, volunteers and students.
- Maintain a high standard of administrative efficiency and accountability.
- Contribute to the overall development of Out Doors Inc.
How you’ll demonstrate your experience:
To be considered for this role, your response to the Key Selection Criteria, Cover Letter and CV will demonstrate the following.
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Education, Community Development, or a related field with minimum 7 years relevant experience.
- Instructor qualifications and minimum of 7 years practical experience in accordance with Out Doors Inc. “Minimum Outdoor Qualifications” in at least two activities.
- Interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership, staff supervision and group work skills, in working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Ability to monitor and interpret legislations, regulations and other agreements related to outdoor activities.
- Establish priorities and monitor workflow in areas of responsibility including supervision and budget management.
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and cooperatively.
- Exercise high level of professional judgment and understanding of OH&S both in the outdoor settings and office environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Sound computer skills with Microsoft applications.
- Must have a full current Victorian Driver’s License.
- Experience in the operation of group respite and/or recreation programs.
- Wilderness or Remote Area First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake training.
- Current First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2) or willingness to undertake training.
Where to apply:
You can view the Position Description here. Only applications that address the Key Selection Criteria will be taken into consideration. Written applications with a covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note: the successful candidate will be subject to a criminal, NDIS Worker Screening Check, professional and education reference check. The successful candidate must have residency and full entitlements to work in Australia, a valid driver’s license and have the flexibility to travel occasionally.
Out Doors Inc. (Out Doors) wants to hear from you!
We are a not-for-profit organisation that delivers outdoor adventure and recreation programs Victoria-wide for people at risk or living with a mental health issue. We believe that people learn best by ‘doing’ and focus on every participant’s ability rather than illness or disability.
We are currently looking for qualified and experienced Outdoor Program Workers to join our team on a sessional (casual) basis to work directly with individuals and groups at risk or experiencing a mental health issue in the provision of activity-based adventure programs.
All of Out Doors’ programs are led by 2-3 program staff and include no more than 12 participants, with trips ranging from 1-5 days.
As a Sessional Program Worker, you would be there in a supporting role to the Program Coordinator who leads and manages the program.
Pay for this role is $28-$36.78 per hour dependent on experience (plus overnight allowance) with generous salary sacrificing benefits.
- Have a tertiary level qualification in Outdoor Education or Recreation;
- Have a passion for working with people in the outdoors;
- Have a desire for helping people be the best they can be;
- Have practical experience and instructor qualifications in at least two of the following activities: canoeing, white water rafting, bushwalking, surfing, caving, mountain bike riding, rock climbing/abseiling or cross country skiing;
- Be qualified in Wilderness First Aid, or equivalent; and
- Hold a valid Australian Driver’s license.
Note: all successful applicants must undergo a police and working with children check
You can view the Position Description here.
You will be required to provide Working with Children Checks and/or Police Checks for some roles.
If you’d like to enquire about Work Experience at Out Doors, please Contact Us.