Acting Victorian Premier James Merlino announced that restrictions in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne will ease from 11.59pm Thursday 24 June.
Gatherings in the home will be permitted, with up to 15 visitors to a home per day, including dependants. Public gatherings of up to 50 people can also resume but masks are still required to be worn inside. These changes will remain in place for at least two weeks, so Victorians can plan and get back to doing the things they love.
What does this mean for Out Doors?
Accommodation restrictions are to be eased, which means we can resume our overnight programs from next week. Masks do not have to be worn in accommodation, but must be worn in all other indoor spaces, including vehicles and also when not able to socially distance. We will continue to monitor the latest advice from the Victorian Government and follow their advice and recommendations.
If you need to get in touch with us, please Contact Us.
What are the restrictions?
Source: The Victorian Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
These new settings will be in place for two weeks and apply to the entire state.
- Gatherings in the home will be permitted, with up to 15 visitors to a home per day, including dependants.
- Public gatherings of up to 50 people.
- Work from home recommendations removed, caps raised to 75 per cent capacity or up to 30 people, whichever is greater.
- Wedding and funeral caps raised to 300 — subject to venue density limits.
- Recreational sport – 300 people indoors, 1,000 outdoors.
- Seated venues – maximum 300 indoors, 1,000 outdoors.
- Mask rules don’t change, so please continue to keep them on you.
We all need to continue to play our part to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
What if I need to talk to someone?
If you or anyone you know needs to talk to someone during this time, contact:
- Lifeline: Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm – midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue: Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- Open Arms – Veterans Support Service – 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse – 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527
Keep safe during this difficult time and will keep you updated via email and our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Media Contact: Iudita Trifa-Schmidt, email@example.com or (03) 9417 2111.
Post a comment