Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced an extension to Metropolitan Melbourne’s current lockdown and a tightening of the current restrictions until 11.59pm on Thursday 2 September.
What does this mean for Out Doors?
Out Doors programs scheduled to take place before Thursday 2 September won’t be running and will be rescheduled for a later date. Programs that are running after this date will be assessed in a fortnight, and we will provide advice based on the Victorian Government’s recommendations. Participants who are registered to attend any of these programs will be contacted by Out Doors Inc. staff. We will continue to monitor the latest advice from the Victorian Government and follow their advice and recommendations.
If you need to get in touch with us, please Contact Us.
What are the restrictions?
- A curfew will be reinstated in Melbourne from 9 pm to 5 am, as of 11.59 pm tonight, 16 August 2021
- There are 5 permitted reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services within 5km of home, unless nearest shops are further– one household member once per day.
- Exercising for 2 hours per day outside of the home within 5 km radius of home (with one other person from your household and/or dependants if they cannot be left at home). Outdoor exercise areas and equipment, including playgrounds, baseball courts, skateparks will be closed.
- Caregiving and compassionate and medical reasons, including having a COVID-19 test.
- Authorised work or permitted education – except for essential/permitted workers (who will require an essential worker permit), everyone must work from home.
- To get vaccinated.
- Masks are compulsory everywhere except for in the home.
- The 5km from home limit will apply except for permitted work, unless there is a need for essential items beyond that distance.
Source: The Victorian Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
We all need to continue to play our part to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
What if I need to talk to someone?
If you or anyone you know needs to talk to someone during this time, contact:
- Lifeline: Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm – midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue: Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- Open Arms – Veterans Support Service – 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse – 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527
Keep safe during this difficult time and will keep you updated via email and our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Media Contact: Iudita Trifa-Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9417 2111.
Post a comment