By Liz McMillan
Summer is here and, with restrictions easing in Melbourne, here are some great ideas for taking care of yourself and having fun in these warmer months
- Go for a picnic. Take a picnic blanket, snack, or something more substantial and head to your nearest park or beach.
- Put down your phone or other electronic devices and catch up with friends and family in real life!
- Fun with water. Find a river, lake, sea or other water source and enjoy some water-based activities. Whether that be fishing, swimming, canoeing, lying on a beach, or even sitting next to a refreshing water fountain or sprinkler!
- Start a garden. This could be as simple as growing something in a pot inside your home or balcony, or directly into the ground in your backyard if you have one.
- Work on your fitness. The warmer months are the perfect time to get outside and set yourself a goal for a new exercise regime.
- Have a BBQ. Summer nights are perfect for firing up the barbie. You could use a BBQ in a park, a small, disposable one from the supermarket or local hardware store, or even invest in your own BBQ for your backyard.
- Go hiking and camping. The summer weather is perfect for sunny walks during the day and warm, starry nights by your tent.
- Go to an outdoor concert. Melbourne has some awesome outdoor art events in summer, from outdoor movies on a venue’s rooftop to concerts in the botanical gardens.
Ultimately, remember to always be sun smart but still get out and enjoy the abundance of sunshine doing whatever fun activities you choose in our amazing outdoors.
Post a comment