If you’re looking forward to the day you can get out of lockdown, you’re not alone! We want to get you ready to roll when our longer programs are back up and running, which is why we’ve come up with an interim calendar of events that proved very popular after last year’s lockdowns.
We’re hoping that by October we will be able to get out and about on local Melbourne walks while we wait for a further lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, just as we did during parts of 2020.
To create the best chance of these half-day programs being permitted, we will meet everyone on location and you’ll need to bring your own lunch, water and clothing appropriate for the weather.
Please read the October calendar for all the trip details and get in touch with us if you’d like to participate.
The programs in this calendar are tentative, as we rely on guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as to whether or not we can run programs, but we’ll keep you updated in due course.
To access our October 2021 Program Calendar, click below:
Process for getting onto programs
- Please read through the Covid health info on page 3 of the October 2021 Program Calander to ensure you are able to attend.
- Check the calendar for programs that are close to home which you would like to attend.
- Contact Out Doors Inc. via phone on (03) 9417 2111 or email email@example.com to express your interest in the programs you are interested in. PLEASE NOTE: an expression of interest does not mean you are confirmed on a trip.
- Out Doors Inc. will get in touch with you to confirm which programs you are confirmed on. We will do our best to get you on the trips you have selected, but this will depend on demand.
PLEASE only attend a program if we have contacted you and confirmed your place.
Now is the best time to update your medical information
Remember, if you need to update your medical information now is the best time to let us know, so you can head out on your favourite programs as soon as lockdowns end. Updating your information is easy. Simply download the Participant Information and Medical Form via the link below, fill it out and return the completed form to us.
Please note: If you have not been on an Out Doors program in the last 2 years, you will be required to go through an intake and interview process. If this applies to you, please contact Gavin by phone or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time to meet with him to get you program ready.
New to Out Doors?
If you’re new to Out Doors and would like to learn more about participating in our outdoor adventure and recreation programs, click:
Out Doors Inc. is a registered NDIS provider (#4050002688) and has funding options for non-NDIS participants, too.
Out Doors Inc and its staff will be running programs with strict measures in place to protect our staff and participants during the COVID-19 pandemic with advice from the DHHS.
If you are not well, have cold flu like symptoms and/or a temperature, please and seek medical advice.
Please always observe all relevant Social Distancing and safety measures as required by the Victorian Government. Visit the Victorian Government’s coronavirus (COVID-19) website for more information.
What if I need to talk to someone?
If you or anyone you know needs to talk to someone during this time, contact:
- Lifeline: Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm – midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue: Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- Open Arms – Veterans Support Service – 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse – 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527
Media Contact: Iudita Trifa-Schmidt, email@example.com or (03) 9417 2111.