Training staff in First Aid is commonplace in workplaces, but what about Mental Health First Aid?
- 1 in 5 people suffer a mental health issue each year
- More than six million working days are lost every year due to mental illness
- It’s estimated that businesses lose $10.9 billion annually through absenteeism, reduced productivity and compensation claims as a result of untreated mental health problems
While there is growing recognition from workplaces of the impact of mental health problems, not enough is being done to increase the skills and mental health literacy of employees to respond appropriately when circumstance dictates.
To provide options for workplaces, our training is flexible and can be tailored to your requirements.
1. Standard Mental Health First Aid (Community) course delivered over two full days.
2. Standard Online Mental Health First Aid (Community) course is a combination of online eLearning (takes 5-7 hours to complete) and an Instructor-led component using video conferencing (2 sessions of 3 hours each including set up time).
This internationally recognised course will equip staff with the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to respond to a colleague in crisis or detect the early signs and symptoms of mental health problems, including depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance abuse, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts and more.
These skills are beneficial inside and outside the workplace.
Our course facilitators are accredited MHFA instructors with extensive practical experience in delivering programs and training in the mental health area. They also have a background in occupational health and safety, risk and injury management and understand how to practically apply strategies within organisations to manage mental health issues and mitigate risk.
Participants receive a copy of the Standard MHFA Manual to keep and a Certificate of Completion.
Additionally (at no extra cost), participants will have the opportunity to complete an online accreditation exam in order to become an Accredited MHFAider for 3 years.
Out Doors Inc.’s Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses provide high quality, evidence-based mental health education, increasing the amount and type of support you can provide a work colleague, family member or friend.
Register now to attend an upcoming Mental Health First Aid Course. Choose a date that suits you by clicking one of the below events, and follow the instructions to book your place. But get in quick because spaces are limited.
You can click here to view all of our upcoming Mental Health First Aid Courses.
02 Aug 2023
Mental Health First Aid – August 2023Learn how to provide mental health first aid to friends, family members, co-workers and other adults in your community.
12 Sep 2023
Mental Health First Aid – September 2023Learn how to provide mental health first aid to friends, family members, co-workers and other adults in your community.
31 Oct 2023
Mental Health First Aid – October 2023Learn how to provide mental health first aid to friends, family members, co-workers and other adults in your community.
Standard Mental Health First Aid – Online
This course is completely online and includes both components necessary to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider.
• Component 1 – A self-paced eLearning component (takes 5-7 hours to complete)
• Component 2 – Two instructor-led sessions using video conferencing. Each session is approx. 3 hours.
Standard Mental Health First Aid – Face to Face
This option is a 2-day course led by an accredited MHFA Instructor at the Out Doors Inc. office in Kensington.
All prices include GST.
Out Doors can provide Mental Health First Aid training and Team Building Adventure Programs for your workplace. To discuss a tailored quote for your organisation, please contact our team by filling in the form below, and a member of Out Doors will get back to you in 1-2 business days.