Acting Premier James Merlino has confirmed Melburnians will be able to gather outdoors in groups of up to 10 when the city’s lockdown ends at 11:59pm Thursday 10th June. But visitors to the home will remain banned, and Melburnians must stick to a 25-kilometre radius of their homes unless they are travelling for essential work, education, caregiving or vaccination.
What does this mean for Out Doors?
The Out Doors overnight program due to take place between the 16th – 17th of June has been cancelled. Participants who are registered to attend this program will be contacted by Out Doors Inc. staff to discuss alternative options. We will continue to monitor the latest advice from the Victorian Government and follow their advice and recommendations.
If you need to get in touch with us, please Contact Us.
What are the restrictions?
Here is a list of other limits that will apply in Melbourne until 11:59pm Thursday, 17th June:
- Visitors to the home will remain banned,
- Melburnians must stick to a 25-kilometre radius of their homes unless they are travelling for essential work, education, caregiving or vaccination.
- Masks will no longer be required outdoors if a 1.5 metre distance can be maintained, but are mandatory indoors.
- Funerals limited to 50 people, weddings 10
- Religious ceremonies capped at 50 inside
- Offices can return with 25 per cent or a cap of 10, whichever is greater
- Restaurants and cafes can reopen with a max of 50 inside
- Retail can reopen with density limit of 1 person per 4 sqm
- Beauty services can resume for services where a mask can be worn
- Community sport can resume training
We all need to continue to play our part to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
What if I need to talk to someone?
If you or anyone you know needs to talk to someone during this time, contact:
- Lifeline: Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm – midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue: Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- Open Arms – Veterans Support Service – 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse – 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527
Media Contact: Iudita Trifa-Schmidt, email@example.com or (03) 9417 2111.