Yoga nidra, or yogic sleep as it is commonly known, is an immensely powerful meditation technique, and one of the easiest yoga practices to develop and maintain.
Here are five benefits of developing a yoga nidra practice.
- Yoga nidra is a practice that everyone, from children to seniors, can do. It’s easy to follow at any age. All that your body needs to do is lie down on the floor. And even if you can’t lie down on the floor, you can still do this practice seated.
- Falling asleep is okay too, as you will still receive benefits while the unconscious mind is absorbing the practice.
- Yoga nidra is always guided, so there is no intense thinking or wondering why you are staring at a blank wall. A yoga nidra practice can be as short as five minutes and as long as an hour. You choose the length. You may find that the easiest way to accommodate a yoga nidra practice is to make it part of your daily bedtime routine. Put the headphones on, practice right in your bed, and then drift off to sleep.
- Yoga nidra promotes deep rest and relaxation that isn’t found in your average meditation practice.
- During yoga nidra you are able to experience an emotion and come “face to face” with what you want to overcome, without “diving into it” completely—meaning without feeling the emotion so completely that you become overwhelmed.
On the 29th of October, to support Mental Health Month in October, Out Doors Inc Mentor, Amanda is going to upload a FREE Yoga Nidra tutorial online.
How do I register?
Step 1: Register Your Details
Register your details by clicking “Book Online” above to receive the link to Amanda’s event via email before the event.
Step 2: Receive the link via email
A few days before the event, we’ll send you the link and any resources!
Step 3: Watch our event!
Watch on your PC, Laptop or Phone!
(We’ll be using either YouTube which works on any Microsoft, Apple and Android device. You’ll need an Internet connection)
What if I need to talk to someone?
If you or anyone you know needs to talk to someone during this time, contact:
- Lifeline:Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm – midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue:Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- Open Arms – Veterans Support Service – 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse – 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527